VIKTOR K. PRASANNA
Charles Lee Powell Chair in Engineering
Director, Center for Energy Informatics (CEI)
Professor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering Division
and Professor of Computer Science
Best Paper of ACM/SIGDA International Sumposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays, February 2018
Best Paper Nominee of ACM/SIGDA International Sumposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays, February 2018
Use-Inspired Research Award
- Prof. Prasanna was awarded the 2017 Use-Inspired Research Award by USC Viterbi School of Engineering for distinguished research on problems with practical significance
Charles L. Weber Outstanding Teaching Assitant Honorable Mention
- Sanmukh R. Kuppanagiri received the Spring 2017 Honorable Mention for Outstanding work as a Teaching Assitant
Ren Chen's dissertation nominated for Best Dissertation in EE Department 2016
- Ren Chen's PhD dissertation titled "From Universal RAM-based Permutation Network to Optimal Circuits for Data and Signal Processing Algorithms" nominated for Best Dissertation award in Electrical Engineering (Systems) Department, USC, 2016
Best Paper 1st Runner Up of Procedia Computer Science, September 2016
Distinguished Alumnus Award, University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bengaluru, India
- For his outstanding contributions to research and education in parallel computation.
2015 W. Wallace McDowell Award, IEEE Computer Society
- For fundamental algorithmic and application specific architectural contributions to reconfigurable computing.
Best Paper of the International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy, ICISSP '15
Best Paper of the Next-Generation Networking Symposium, GLOBECOM '13
One of the Most Significant Papers in FCCM during its First 20 Years, award presented at FCCM '13, April 2013
Best Paper Award, HPSR '12
First Place, IEEE 2012 SCALE Challenge
- Yogesh Simmhan, Vaibhav Agarwal, Saima Aman, Alok Kumbhare, Sreedhar Natarajan, Nikhil Rajguru, Ian Robinson, Samuel Stevens, Wei Yin, Qunzhi Zhou and Viktor Prasanna, Adaptive Energy Forecasting and Information Diffusion for Smart Power Grids, The Fifth IEEE International Scalable Computing Challenge (SCALE '12), May 2012.
Best Paper Award, Parallel Computing Area, PDCS '10
Best Paper Award, HPSR '10
Distinguished Service Award, IEEE Computer Society, April 2010
- Lifetime of contributions to International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS).
Fellow, American Association for Advancement of Science, 2010
Best Paper Award, Parallel Computing Area, PDCS '09
Best Paper Award, Network Performance Area, PDCS '09
Outstanding Achievement Award, 2009
- 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP '09). The citation reads: In Recognition of His Leadership and Outstanding Research Contributions to the Field of Reconfigurable Computing.
Outstanding Engineering Alumnus Award, Pennsylvania State University, 2009
Best Paper Award, CF '08
Best Paper Award, Architecture Area, IPDPS '08
TCPP Outstanding Service Award, 2008
ACM Fellow, 2008
Docteur Honoris Causa, University of Geneva, June 2007
Best Paper Award, ICPADS '06
Best Paper Award, SBAC-PAD '05
Okawa Foundation Grant, 2005
IEEE Fellow, 1996
USC | Ming Hsieh Dept. of Electrical Engineering
| Computer Engineering Division
| Computer Science Dept.
Driving Directions and Campus Map | Travel Photos | Webmaster